The Abbotsford Farm & Country Market was established in 2003 and is operated by the non-profit Abbotsford Farm & Country Market Society.
It combines the best of a modern market experience with a traditional “make, bake, or grow” principle for its juried vendors. As a result, the Abbotsford Farm & Country Market showcases the best in locally grown and produced products along with the creative talents of both artisans and entertainers.
The majority of vendors are growers and food producers from the Abbotsford area. Agri-related businesses generate more than one third of Abbotsford’s economic activity and are responsible for 20% of all local jobs.
Buying local food contributes to a healthier environment by sustaining oxygen producing plants, and reducing greenhouse gases from packaging and long-distance transportation. In addition, local food is fresher, naturally ripened and therefore a healthier choice for you and your family.
By shopping at the Abbotsford Farm & Country Market, you are supporting the health of your loved ones, the environment, and the local economy; and are helping to sustain the availability of local food for future generations.
Learn more about local agriculture and local food by meeting local farmers and food producers at the Abbotsford Farm & Country Market each week.
Abbotsford Farm & Country Market Society Board of Directors
- Ann Friesen, Friesen Farm, President
- Loren Taves, Taves Family Farm, Vice President
- Barb Jones, Secretary
- Gwen Settle, Treasurer and Market Ambassador
- Cara Abrahams, Abundant Acre Family Farm, Director
- Larry Leoewen, Abbotsford Downtown Business Association, Director
- Tim Rempel, Rockweld Farms, Director
- Leah Todd, Valley Gold Bee Co., Director
- Carroll Lum, Director
- Teresa Pippus, Community Futures South Fraser, Director
- Mark Hargrave, Director
- Lori Murray, The Ivy Oven, Director
- Barb Tinworth, WigglePie Crafts, Director